Salad Fail and Updates


Okay, so, lately I've been eating "healthy." I'm not sure if its due to a surplus of Vegans or Vegan restaurants but I wanted to be part of the #teamgreen movement. Actually, I don't know if that's a real movement....don't @ me. lol.  Anyway, I went to the grocery store and I picked up a few 'container salads,' you know, salads that are already prepared. So, I said cool, I can do this...I tried them out and I love it! I mean, I really love it...but something was off. I was gaining weight.....from salads. 

Now, the salads (a variety of different salads) I bought had romaine lettuce, kale, apples, corn, tomatoes, cheese (I know, I know, not vegan friendly), eggs, bacon, ham, turkey, chicken (def, not vegan friendly!) and a lot of other "healthy" stuff. So, I assumed that the dressing would be healthy too...because, if I'm buying a salad then why do I need to look at the Nutrition Value, right?! WRONG. 

It turns out that, the sodium level alone was enough to rival a bowl of pasta! Like, I might as well eat a bowl of pasta with all the guilt and all of the satisfaction! yum! I was upset, though....I think I had high hopes for grocery store salads...Maybe, that was my first mistake. My second mistake was not looking at the back. My third mistake was enjoying it a little too much. I should've known...But I know now. 

A New Book. 

By the way, I wrote a book...yea...I know!...lol.. It's call the Jewel of Venus by me: Elle J Nior. (That's my pen name, btw.) It's available on Amazon. I should link it right now...but I'm too lazy at the moment. *sigh* lol... Maybe next post...or maybe I'll create a link on the homepage... or...maybe I'll just leave it up to fate! ha!

I know 'they' say you have to be aggressive in your approach if you want to get yourself or brand (or book) out there....I'm just, Idk, I prefer the 'go with the flow' method. It's not a big deal for me....if it works, it works. If it doesn't then....I'll vent about it on here! haha! That's my perspective. Don't follow my advice on this.lol. I'll say this: promoting isn't my strong suit. I personally find it draining and time consuming...am I alone on this? 

Also, I'm working on another book, coming out soon... That's why I haven't been posting...I've been writing a damn book. lol oh and I've been on Instagram....which is also time consuming...but I'm starting to like it. My IG is @ellejnior or type Elle J Nior. 

Welp! It is Wednesday...so technically I'm on schedule. See, everything works out in the end...*laughs*

Until Next Post....


6 comments :

  1. It's crazy that some salads are loaded with sugar and salt, it's so deceptive when you're trying to be healthier xx

    www.GemmaEtc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! omg! I thought I was eating something healthy...I was disappointed.

      Delete
  2. Congrats about your book. I'm not a big fan of those dressings. I much prefer vinegar and olive oil and Trader Joe's has some really good fresh ones I love.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! ...and I have to go to Trader Joes soon! I'll def check it out! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new book! I hope you enjoy the journey with this new endeavor. The creative process can be challenging and fulfilling.
    LaToya
    www.toyastales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Toya!!Yes, definitely challenging but worth it!

      Delete

My Instagram

Copyright © Elle J. Nior. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign