Procrastination



What's up with waiting until the last minute to get ish done?! ha! I don't know if it's a rush or the 'hurry up' feeling or the 'pressure' we feel when we have our backs our against the wall. I hate to admit this, but the energy behind waiting until the last minute is exhilarating. It's exciting. It's "OMG, am I going to make my deadline on time!" LOL. And then when you've successfully made your deadline, there's a sigh of relief. A high? Is that the 'buzz' we (procrastinators) seek? DO we live for the buzz?? hmm... As they say, Diamonds are made from pressure. So are we Procrastinating Diamonds??! lol. Did you shine bright like a diamond under pressure?

This is for procrastinators only.

Is procrastination an addiction? Am I going to far with this idea (To question it)? When we think of addictions we think of drugs and alcohol. But are we addicted to waiting? Waiting for anything really. It doesn't have to be work but anything in which we wait for long periods of time to actually do something. Does the 'high feeling' come from waiting or completing? or both? I hope I didn't confuse you. Lately I've been thinking about why we procrastinate....Or why I procrastinate. I've come to the conclusion that there's a divine order to everything we do. A destiny. A fate. I wouldn't go as far as say its divine if we wait until the last minute to do laundry (lol) but as far as how we effect others. For instance, if you're a blogger, a writer, a journalist then in some form, you are destined to put out material that will effect others. There's a reason why you waited to say certain things at certain times.... There's a reason why certain ideas come to us at certain times of the day and we have to share it. Okay, I'll stop before I go to deep into the rabbit hole. ha!

On that note...I'm late for tea!

Until Next Post!

1 comment :

  1. I've been procrastinating a lot lately! And I never procrastinate this much!

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Copyright © Elle J. Nior. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign