Poem: Cravings


Warm mangoes dripped from my lips,
down to my finger tips,
as I bit into my favorite fruit--melon.
...with Water. 
Citrus-y vibes dipped into my honey hive,
sticky and sweet.
Yet satisfying my cravings for a strawberry-banana smoothie,
at the movies. 
The idea of cherries on top
of my pineapple up-side-down cake,
Reminded me of my grandma's lost recipes
hidden behind that ole' apple tree.
Or was it lemon?
Who knows....
but we played near those trees
while picking up falling pears.
We didn't care.
Mother earth granted us safe passage with every bite.
We reveled at that thought.
We spent all day and night asking her which fruits were forbidden 
...so we could try it! 
She laughed and said, "the best fruit is you..."  
-------
© DiaryofLenaNoir

2 comments :

My Instagram

Copyright © Elle J. Nior. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign