Materialistic


Diamonds and Pearls. I'm that girl. Diamonds and Pearls. I'm that girl. Shopping bags. Money bags. It doesn't matter, we got that swag. We got that swag. Swag, Swag, Swag bag. -- by: Me. *laughs* That's a hit!

Are we becoming a society that's interested in materialistic things? gains? and overall wealth?

We say: I want to be rich, after all. So, I gotta do what I gotta do, to make money and then spend it on things. What's the point of saving? We only have one life to live. So, let's live it up. Turn Up!, as they say. But first, I have to hustle my way to the Top. It's a competitive road and I may lose friends. But My "real friends" will be at the top. Right? Righttttt. I don't care. I'm at a fashion show, sitting front row, with my girls, in tow. And we got places to go. For how long? I don't know.

These thoughts remind me of an episode from 'Black Mirror' (a Netflix show- season 2?), where the contestants had to workout/exercise to gain enough points to make it to an "American Idol" type of show. If they made it to the 'main stage' then each contestant was allotted a few minutes to 'woo' the crowd. You see, before they make it to the stage, the viewers (us watching the show) get a glimpse of how they live. Each contestant lives in a cubicle room with no windows and each day they go to the gym to gain points. Well, the main character finally made it to the Main stage and Won. And do you know what happened to him? He went to live in a bigger cubicle with fake windows that had a better view. The fake windows were a projection screen. It was all fake. And he had to maintain a fake persona--the same fake persona which lead him to win the game show. When he arrived to his new home, he seemed relieved but not happy. Side note: I watched this a year ago, so my details may be a little off but the point is still there.

Do we need materialistic things? No. Then why are we so desperate to make it to the top? .....To pay bills? To have more bills to pay? To be in debt? To pay off debt from buying things? For a designer bag? a fancy car? a bigger house with a better view? ......Why?

Until Next Post!

2 comments :

My Instagram

Copyright © Elle J. Nior. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign