Love Letters & Shakespeare


My Dearest Love,

Today, I sat underneath a dark blanket full of Diamonds as I thought of you. Each Star paled in comparison to thy beauty. Warm. Rich and Indulgent. Let me not curse the gods as thy look upon me with wondering eyes. For I wished upon a falling star and wondered where thine are. Let love speaketh not of lost days but of lost moments I'll miss if thy heart is not with yours.

Yours Forever More,
L

------
I wrote this, btw! I'm channeling my inner Shakespeare! lol. ....I'll keep trying. lol. I hope you like it! lol!

I'm starting a Love Letter Series. A special thanks to Shakespeare, who taught me 'to thine own self be true,' from the play, Hamlet. I was introduce to Shakespeare at a young age (Middle school or 9th grade), along with Maya Angelou and I'll never forget the first time I read an act from A Midnights Summer Dream ....'Love looks not with the eyes; but with the mind' and I said, 'Yea..... Right..... Shakespeare!' (sarcasm lol.) Admittedly, I was B-O-Y crazy and all I cared about were looks! I used to say, 'he's so cute!' lol. Typical preteen stuff!

But as I grew older, I understood the deeper meaning behind it and applied it to relationships. ....EVENTUALLY applied it to relationships! I'm not that self-aware! haha! Believe me! Anyway, we need more love letters in life. Well, at least, I do....ha!

Until Next Post!


2 comments :

  1. Love the "dark blanket full of diamonds." So good!! You are such a good poet! Me? I suck!

    Jennifer
    EFFORTLESSLY SOPHISTICATED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks Jennifer! You can do it! Try listening to music while writing. It works for me

      Delete

My Instagram

Copyright © Elle J. Nior. Made with by OddThemes & Artworkdesign